Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuesday, October 6 - Day 5

What a great day. Lisa took a run on the beach before breakfast this morning and really enjoyed it. It was in the 50's so I just drank coffee. We packed up and were on the way by 9am, target Coos Bay.

Truly spectacular ocean views during the whole day. Look at the photos. This is just the sights I wanted for this trip. It was pretty cold most of the day so we had to bundle up to walk the beaches.

We arrived in Coos Bay, made contact with Jessie Bates and headed to their home. What a great bunch of kids, most of whom I had never seen. I last saw Tony, my great-nephew, 9 years ago. He was a little kid then and I was teaching him to shoot pool. Tayla was a one year old baby then. Bethany, Alex and Levi were unknowns when we arrived but were fast friends when we left. We were entertained with a nice piano recital by Tony and a poem by Bethany and wild glee by Superman and The Hulk. Quiet Tayla did not sing but I bet she would have been great. Jessie, Clark, Lisa and I went to a sushi restaurant run by a friend of their family. It was a top notch meal and it was so good to remake the family connection. Great to see that Jessie and Clark are happy and surrounded by happy children.

Tomorrow we work our way South toward the California border. I think oysters are on the menu.

Happy Birthday to my aunt Terry!
















No comments:

Post a Comment