Monday, October 13, 2014

Sunday, October 12 - Day 25

Salem, CT to Leominster, MA (Silly New Englander misspelling of Lemonster.)

We had a wonderful evening last night with many of Lisa's relatives attending dinner at Lisa's aunt and uncle's house. Lots of laughter and good cheer and good food with good people. I went to bed at my usual 10pm but some stayed up till 2am and felt it this morning. We had breakfast and left about 11am today for Lisa's sister and brother in law's home in Leominster. Watched their two sons in a baseball game and had our last seafood feast for awhile: two dozen oysters which Ron and I learned to open by watching a youtube video. I had seen enough shuckers working during this trip that I felt confident that I knew how to do it but the video was insurance. It was harder than I thought it would be but we did a passable job shucking. The oysters were followed by grilled cajun shrimp on skewers with the dynamite cocktail sauce Ron made and that we had earlier used on the oysters. We next dined on Maureen's silky clam chowder, very succulent. We finished the smorgasbord with shrimp pizza. Dessert was chocolate ice cream. I got so confident about shucking oysters that I am going to see if I can find fresh ones in the North Country. There used to be a fish truck that came once a week from Maine but I haven't see it in awhile. (Later) I did a google search and found that the fish truck owner retired and has not yet found someone to take over the business.

We are staying another day, Monday, with Ron and Mo and will drive to Canton on Tuesday.

Photos: 1 - Tommy up to bat; 2 - Tommy pitching; 3-5 - Spencer up to bat; 6 - Spencer and Tommy after the game; 7 - Oysters - good job shucking Dave and Ron; 8 - Oyster monster Ron





Spencer and Tommy ofter the game


 

No comments:

Post a Comment