Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday, September 5 - Day 3

Hoooray! I outsmarted my smartphone! I am typing this in the car with my cell phone being used as a modem - some people will understand that - others will not.

We are in the central time zone now.

Had a wonderful continental breakfast at Super 8. Make your own waffles, cerealart, milk, juice, bagels, toast - (no I didn't eat all that). While we were sitting there there were people with St. Louis t-shirts on. Dave asked where they were from and 2 said originally from Alton, IL, Dave's hometown. One guy knew his brother Peter. His name is Robert Bailey. His father owned the Triumph Dealer in East Alton. What a small world.

Left Davenport at 7:15 am and continuing on I80 West to Council Bluffs, where Lewis and Clark had a pow-wow with indians and on a bluff overlooking the Missouri River in 1802. we will stop in Sioux Falls, SD for the evening. 375 miles of a straight road. Check it out on the map.

partly cloudy, no wind. will be a good driving day.

I have another email address if anyone wants it - lisaguccione11@gmail.com. my verizon account still works too. I am moving up in the technological world!

Dad, we are in corn field country. I will get a photo for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment